Animation For The Web
Animation for the Web is simply a fun way to introduce the STEM / STEAM Career of animation. Business educators love marketing emphasis integrated into the real-world projects. “Tools of the Trade” focus is placed on understanding Adobe’s Animation technology and how it will add to your students’ arsenal of marketable skills.
Through this uniquely designed career-themed course, your students will not only gain valuable experience with animation creation and design software, but they will also be given the opportunity to create their own animations for the web. This highly interactive and hands-on course guides students through the thrilling process of creating their own animated shorts.
Videos will step students through every stage of animation creation and they will also hear from industry professionals. Along the way they will learn critical STEM skills, grow their talents, develop confidence, and build a college and career portfolio that will help them show off their new abilities in this always in-demand STEM field.
This course requires no previous animation or design experience for the learner or teacher
- Platforms – PC, Mac
- Length – Semester
- Career Cluster – Information Technology/Arts, AV Technology and
- Industry Certifications – MS Certificate, HS-Adult Certifications
- Course Completion Digital Badge (Free) – MS, HS, Adult
- Level – Middle School, High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Adobe Animate Required (CS5 version of course available upon request)
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Understand the basics of animation and the Design Process
- Understand the basics of creating characters, walk cycles and movement
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Understand the fundamentals of script writing and persuasive language as it applies to engaging a target audience
- Demonstrate how to create an animation and deploy it for desktop or web use.
- Able to analyze, test and critically review work and use feedback to improve an animation and its
- How to present animated designs to a client
- Understand the legal issues of intellectual property
- Create a Portfolio of animations with varied messaging that can be shown to potential employers
- Produce animations with special effects including tweens and other motion effects
- Create storyboards to propel scripts to deliver targeted messages for best impact
- Develop the skills necessary to have animations correctly lip-sync to audio tracks
- Learn how to animate a flawless walk cycle and other challenges animation techniques