Animation For The Web
Animation for the Web is a simple and fun way to introduce the STEM / STEAM Career of animation. Business educators love the marketing emphasis integrated into real-world projects. “Tools of the Trade” media-rich tutorials focus on understanding animation concepts and creative principles as well as using the tools and technology professional animators use every day. Portfolio-building projects and optional international industry-recognized certification will enhance students’ marketable skills, college preparation, career readiness, and hireability.
Our approach has your students living the life of a new hire at an animation studio. Crafted within this interactive career-simulation, they will meet their boss, co-workers, and clients. They will get emails, text messages, and voicemails as they live and apply the design process to solve problems and create solutions for their customers. Through this uniquely designed career-themed course, your students will gain valuable experience with animation creation and design software in making animations for the web. This highly interactive and hands-on course guides students through the thrilling process of creating their own animated shorts.
Tutorials, videos, and animations guide students through every stage of animation creation, and they also hear from industry professionals along the way. Students learn critical STEM skills, grow their talents, develop confidence, and build a college and career portfolio that will help them show off their new abilities in this always in-demand STEM field.
This course requires no previous animation or design experience for the student or teacher.
Animation is a growing career pathway: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov), “Projected growth will be due to increased demand for animation and visual effects in video games, movies, and television.”
**New Fall 2021 – CTeLearning.com Free Cloud-Based Animation Tools Suite Provided – PC, Mac, Chromebook, iPad ready**
>Note – As of May 2021 we will retire our Animation Course’s support for Adobe Flash. Our course now only supports our New Web-Based Free Animation Tools Suite (PC,Mac,Chromebook,iPad) or Adobe’s Animate (PC/Mac only)
What’s New for 2021?
- New Free Web-Based Animation Suite provided.
- International Industry-Recognized Certification embedded, stackable and optional.
- New Career Personal Financial Intelligence Tutorials and Project – optional
- Updated Ethics in the Workplace Tutorials and Certificate
- Platforms – PC, Mac
- Length – Semester/Year
- Career Cluster – Information Technology/Arts, AV Technology and
- International Industry Recognized Certifications – Yes
- Course Completion Digital Badge (Free) – MS, HS, Adult
- Level – Middle School, High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – CTeL Free Animation Suite or Adobe Animate
A teacher’s perspective – Nikki Jarvis Business and Animation Educator Adelanto HS
“I like the business career simulation style or what you (CTeLearning ) call the Virtual Internship model. This course, allows me to give the students a real-world experience where my students have a client, boss and even get emails with attachments. All of the course’s videos, tutorials allows my students to work at their own pace, and all the teacher solutions and support keep my class prep time to a minimum. Your course-ware gives me the chance to focus on being there for my students and still plenty of room to incorporate my ideas and activities to make this whole experience for my students uniquely my own. “
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Understand the basics of animation and the Design Process
- Understand the basics of creating characters, walk cycles and movement
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Understand the fundamentals of script writing and persuasive language as it applies to engaging a target audience
- Demonstrate how to create an animation and deploy it for desktop or web use.
- Able to analyze, test and critically review work and use feedback to improve an animation and its
- How to present animated designs to a client
- Understand the legal issues of intellectual property
- Create a Portfolio of animations with varied messaging that can be shown to potential employers
- Produce animations with special effects including tweens and other motion effects
- Create storyboards to propel scripts to deliver targeted messages for best impact
- Develop the skills necessary to have animations correctly lip-sync to audio tracks
- Learn how to animate a flawless walk cycle and other challenges animation techniques