- Platforms – PC, Mac
- Length – Semester
- Career Cluster – Finance
- Industry Certifications – Available, Not Yet
- Level – High School
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Provided Free
As Summarized By Haiku
“Where is my money students find it I like that class knows how to think”
Personal Finance and Wealth Management
Who is stealing? Three possible suspects in a mystery full of intrigue and embezzlement.
You’ll have your students learning and living the math and financial understanding you
want them to have as they hunt the embezzler.
Inside this career-themed course and simulation, your students will build their own kit of
personal financial tools, and will learn how to make good financial choices.
They will become financially savvy advocates who will not only be making better choices for
themselves, but will be able to explain what they know to others.
This media rich and highly interactive hands-on course guides your students through the exciting world of finance and money management. Along the way they will learn critical STEM skills, develop
confidence, and build a college and career ready portfolio.
Let this be an exciting introduction and great first step towards advanced education or their career.
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Students to Achieve
- Understand the basics Income, Credit, Savings, Debt and Planning
- Understand the Design Process as it applies to making a plan and solving a mystery
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Understand the fundamental relationship between inflation and buying power
- Demonstrate how to choose the right investment depending on the life stage
- Able to analyze, test and critically review their work and use feedback to improve
- Understand the legal issues including privacy and information
- Create a Portfolio of that demonstrates an understanding of finance
- Develop personal financial tools including spreadsheets for budget tracking, investment
analysis, planning and debt resolution
- Understand the basics of investing including Real Estate Investment and Mortgages
- Apply varied math concepts to support good financial decision making
- Understand and apply the powerful concept of Compounding Interest
- Understand how different money behaviors can affect you long term
If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for.
Ready to Learn More About This Exciting Web Design Course?
Reach out to Us Today – We Already Miss YOU!
Whether you are a big institution or a small school we’ve got a course solution for you. We are talented in making your deployment of our STEM and Career courseware smooth, easy and frankly – fun.
Don’t be shy, we are very friendly unless you are trying to take the last jelly donut out of the box in the breakroom – then things can get a bit ugly. Send us a message – we are waiting on you.