- Platforms – PC, Mac, Chromebook, iPad, Linux, Android
- Length – Semester
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- Industry Certifications – Available
- Level – High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Facilitator Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Included Free
Summer 2018 Release
How many cloud based applications do you use every day? (Banking, Grades, Facebook, YouTube, etc.). Give your students the opportunity to learn how to create and deploy web or cloud based applications. No previous experience is needed as your students move step by step through the basics of coding and they learn how to make fully functional applications. Web application design, user interface and user experience concepts are all weaved together within this project based learning approach. They will build their skills and their college/career ready portfolio for this high demand STEM career.
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Understand the Design Process and Web Application Life Cycles
- Understand the basics of User Interface and User Experience design
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of how to deploy a web app
- Create a Portfolio of web apps they can show to potential employers or continue to expand and grow them into marketable apps
- Able to analyze, test and write critical reviews of apps
- How to present designs to a supervisor, customer or investor
- Understand ethics in the workplace and the legal issues of intellectual property
- Be properly prepared to take and earn the optional industry certification
This course is available as an expandable one semester course.
Ready to Learn More About This Exciting Web App Design Course?
Reach out to Us Today – We Already Miss YOU!
Whether you are a big institution or a small school we’ve got a course solution for you. We are talented in making your deployment of our STEM and Career courseware smooth, easy and frankly – fun.
Don’t be shy, we are very friendly unless you are trying to take the last jelly donut out of the box in the breakroom – then things can get a bit ugly. Send us a message – we are waiting on you.