HTML5 and CSS3
By design we have made this course easy to deploy. Neither teachers nor learners need any previous coding or design experience for this course.
This is a media rich and highly interactive hands-on course. There are over 120 tutorial videos that step students through coding HTML and CSS3 into web pages and sites, along with individual expert videos that coach students through the broader concepts of web development.
Along the way they will learn critical STEM skills, develop confidence, and build a college and career ready portfolio. Let this be an exciting introduction and great first step towards advanced education or their career.
- Platforms – PC, Mac, *Chromebook, *iPad, *Linux, *Android
- Length – Semester, Year
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- Industry Certifications – Available
- Level – High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Provided Free
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Solid understanding of the basics HTML5 and CSS3
- Understand and apply best practices to create websites that are web accessible for users who may have different levels of impairments.
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry.
- Show an understanding of web systems, browsers and web technology.
- Understand the fundamental relationship between Content, Style and Behavior.
- Demonstrate how to create a website for a client based on the customer’s needs and vision.
- Able to analyze, test and critically review their work and use feedback to improve.
- How to present a solution to a client.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professionals ethics and web legal issues including privacy, copyright, and information security.
- Create a Portfolio of HTML5 tools, templates and examples that demonstrates an understanding of the WC3 standards for HTML5 and CSS3.
- Be properly prepared to take on and earn the optional industry certification.