Mobile Application Design and Development
Mobile Applications affect our lives in so many ways. Leverage your learners’ connection to mobile technology to engage them in the high demand STEM career of coding and design. There continues to be a shortage of skilled coders because of a lack of programming courses available to learners and many “New to programming” educators have concerns about implementing coding courses.
This course solves both of these problems. By design, learners and teachers do not need any previous coding or design experience for this course.
This is a media rich and highly interactive hands-on course. Our learning modules guide your students through the excitement of creating their own mobile apps using Basic.
Along the way they will learn critical STEM skills, develop confidence, and build a college and career ready portfolio. Let this be an exciting introduction and great first step towards advanced education or their career.
- Platforms – PC, Mac, *Chromebook, *iPad, *Linux, *Android
- Length – Semester, Year
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- Industry Certifications – Available
- Level – High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Facilitator Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Yes Required
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Understand the basics of programming of mobile apps using BASIC
- Understand the Design Process and Mobile Application Life Cycles
- Basic skills and concepts If/Then loops and For/Next commands
- Understand the fundamentals of math, variables, and storing information as used in app deployment
- Understand the basics of User Interface and User Experience design
- Understand how to monetize an app to generate revenue
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of how to deploy apps to different devices including iOS, Droid, and Windows Phone.
- Create a Portfolio of mobile apps and app code templates students can show to potential employers or continue to expand and grow into marketable apps
- Able to analyze, test and write critical reviews
- How to present designs to a supervisor, customer or investor
- Understand ethics in the workplace and the legal issues of intellectual property and starting up a mobile application company
- Be properly prepared to take and earn the optional industry certification.If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for.