Create Mobile and Web Apps
You have seen how Web and Mobile Applications have changed the way we live and work. Leverage your learners’ connection to web and mobile technology to engage them in the high demand STEM career of coding and design. There continues to be a shortage of skilled coders due to a lack of programming courses available to learners.
New to programming educators may struggle with implementing coding courses. This course solves both of these problems by design. Learners and teachers do not need any previous coding or design experience for this course.
Let this be an exciting introduction and great first step towards becoming future ready, advanced education and a new career.
- Platforms – PC, Mac, Chromebook, iPad, Linux, Android
- Length – Semester
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- Industry Certifications – Available
- Level – High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Facilitator Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Included Free
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Understand the Design Process and Application Life Cycles
- Understand the basics of User Interface and User Experience design
- Understand how to monetize an app to generate revenue
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of how to deploy apps to different devices including iOS, Droid, and Windows Phone.
- Create a Portfolio of web or mobile apps they can show to potential employers or continue to expand and grow them into money making marketable apps
- Able to analyze, test and write critical reviews of apps
- How to present designs to a supervisor, customer or investor
- Understand ethics in the workplace and the legal issues of intellectual property and starting up an application development company
- Be properly prepared to earn the optional industry certification
This course is available as an expandable one semester course.
If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for.