- Platforms – Windows OS, Mac OS, Chrome OS
- Length – Semester, Year
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- Industry Certifications – Available
- Level – Middle School, High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions Supported – SkillsUSA,TSA, FBLA
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Provided Free – Cloud-based
- UC a-g Approved – Yes
Web Development and Design (Coding with HTML5, CSS3) with optional Industry Certification
Companies of all sizes need web designers to build and maintain their corporate brand story. Our Web Development course teaches students how to use HTML5 and CSS3 to build websites from the ground up. Concept design, layout, content creation and messaging are the skills that companies hire for. By design we have made this course easy to deploy. Neither teachers nor learners need any previous coding or design experience for this course.
This is a media rich and highly interactive hands-on course. Over one hundred fifty tutorial videos step your students through coding HTML and CSS3 into web pages and sites. Over fifty individual expert videos coach students through the broader concepts of aesthetics, design, content development and managing a web design team. Along the way they will learn critical STEM skills, develop confidence, and build a college and career ready portfolio along the way. Let this be an exciting introduction and great a first step towards advanced education or their career.
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Students to Achieve
- Solid understanding of the basics involved in HTML5 and CSS3
- An understand and the ability to apply best practices to create websites that are web accessible for users who may have different levels of impairments.
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry.
- Understand the fundamental relationship between Content, Style and Behavior.
- Demonstrate how to create a website for a client based on the customer’s needs and vision.
- Able to analyze, test and critically review their work and use feedback to improve.
- How to present a solution to a client.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics and web legal issues including privacy, copyright, and information security.
- Create a Portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of web development using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Understand the trends in the web design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of color theory, site aesthetics, style tiles, wire framing and site testing.
- Understand how to engage with a client, collaborate, communicate and deliver on time and on budget.
- Be properly prepared to take on and earn the optional industry certification.
If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for.
Ready to Learn More About This Exciting Web Design Course?
Do your students compete in state or national competitions? If so, our competitive events tutorials for SkillsUSA, TSA and FBLA will help your students gain confidence as we coach them on how to apply what they have learned towards a winning submission.
Reach out to Us Today – We Already Miss YOU!
Whether you are a big institution or a small school we’ve got a course solution for you. We are talented in making your deployment of our STEM and Career courseware smooth, easy and frankly – fun.
Don’t be shy, we are very friendly unless you are trying to take the last jelly donut out of the box in the breakroom – then things can get a bit ugly. Send us a message – we are waiting on you.