- Platforms – PC, Mac, *Chromebook, *iPad, *Linux, *Android
- Length – Semester
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- Industry Certifications – CoA Certificate
- Level – Middle School, High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Yes Required
- UC a-g Approved Course
As Summarized by Haiku
“All Students Love Me Landscape Design Big Hit Now Mother Nature Loves Me Too”
Sustainable Landscape Design
Landscape and Horticulture is over a 60 Billion dollar a year STEM / STEAM (STEM + Arts) industry in the US. Our course will allow your students to invent new outdoor living spaces that are sustainable and add value to a property. This is a high demand career that expects much from new landscape designers including: 3D CAD drawings, optimal plant choice, model plant growth, sustainability issues and water management.
Neither teachers nor learners need any previous design or cad experience for this course. This is a media rich and highly interactive hands-on course. Tutorial videos step students through sketching and 3D CAD design and expert videos coach students through the broader concepts of design, style, and sustainability. Along the way they will learn critical STEM skills, develop confidence, and build a college and career ready portfolio. Let this be an exciting introduction and great first step towards advanced education or their career.
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Students to Achieve
- Understand the basics of sketching, 3D CAD, shapes, measurements and dimensions.
- Understand the Design Process
- Understand the basics of landscape design including textures, depth, scale, color and style
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Demonstrate how to choose the correct plants to meet customer taste, needs and the demands of sustainable design practices ( plant hardiness, planting zones)
- Able to analyze, test and critically review their work and use feedback to improve their sustainable landscape design
- How to present a green design and its benefits to a client
- Create a Portfolio of sustainable landscape designs that demonstrate an understanding of how to incorporate green approaches to varied design challenges.
- Create a working hand sketch of a design and translate the design into a 3D CAD system
- Understand the difference between traditional and green design concepts including xeriscaping.
- Apply varied math concepts to support good design decisions
- Understand plant growth characteristics and predict how the design will age over 20 years
- Understand how plant choices, plant hardiness and planting zones affect the success of a design over the long term.
If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for.
Ready to Learn More About This Exciting Web Design Course?
*Courseware and Tutorials fully functional, not all creative tools may work on this device.
Ask us for more information about your specific 1 to 1, BYOD or hardware setup.
Reach out to Us Today – We Already Miss YOU!
Whether you are a big institution or a small school we’ve got a course solution for you. We are talented in making your deployment of our STEM and Career courseware smooth, easy and frankly – fun.
Don’t be shy, we are very friendly unless you are trying to take the last jelly donut out of the box in the breakroom – then things can get a bit ugly. Send us a message – we are waiting on you.