- Platforms – PC, Mac, *Chromebook, *iPad, *Linux, *Android
- Length – Semester, Year
- Career Cluster – Information Technology
- Industry Certifications – Available
- Level – High School, Post-Secondary
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Available
- CEUs – Available for Facilitator Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Yes
- UC a-g Approved
Mobile Application Design and Development
As Summarized by Haiku
“Apps are taking all
I use code and apps to teach
I rule the world now”
Mobile Applications affect our lives in so many ways. Leverage your learners’ connection to mobile
technology to engage them in the high demand STEM career of coding and design. There continues to
be a shortage of skilled coders because of a lack of programming courses available to learners and many
“New to programming” educators have concerns about implementing coding courses. This course solves
both of these problems. By design, learners and teachers do not need any previous coding or design
experience for this course.
This is a media rich and highly interactive hands-on course. Our learning modules guide your students
through the excitement of creating their own mobile apps using Basic. Along the way they will learn
critical STEM skills, develop confidence, and build a college and career ready portfolio. Let this be an
exciting introduction and great first step towards advanced education or their career.
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Understand the basics of programming of mobile apps using BASIC
- Understand the Design Process and Mobile Application Life Cycles
- Basic skills and concepts If/Then loops and For/Next commands
- Understand the fundamentals of math, variables, and storing information as used in app deployment
- Understand the basics of User Interface and User Experience design
- Understand how to monetize an app to generate revenue
- Recognize what it takes to be a professional in the industry
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of how to deploy apps to different devices including iOS, Droid, and Windows Phone.
- Create a Portfolio of mobile apps and app code templates students can show to potential employers or continue to expand and grow into marketable apps
- Able to analyze, test and write critical reviews
- How to present designs to a supervisor, customer or investor
- Understand ethics in the workplace and the legal issues of intellectual property and starting up a mobile application company
- Be properly prepared to take and earn the optional industry certification
If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for.
Ready to Learn More About This Exciting Web Design Course?
*Courseware and Tutorials fully functional, not all creative tools may work on this device.
Ask us for more information about your specific 1 to 1, BYOD or hardware setup.
Reach out to Us Today – We Already Miss YOU!
Whether you are a big institution or a small school we’ve got a course solution for you. We are talented in making your deployment of our STEM and Career courseware smooth, easy and frankly – fun.
Don’t be shy, we are very friendly unless you are trying to take the last jelly donut out of the box in the breakroom – then things can get a bit ugly. Send us a message – we are waiting on you.