- Platforms – PC, Mac, *Chromebook, *iPad, *Linux, *Android
- Length – Semester
- Career Cluster – Design and Pre-Construction
- Industry Certifications – Not Yet
- Level – High School, Middle School
- Course Delivery – Blended Learning, Online
- Student Competitions – Not Yet
- CEUs – Available for Teacher Training
- Prerequisites for Facilitator – None
- Prerequisites for Students – None
- 3rd Party Tools – Yes
- UC a-g Approved Course
Building Green and Residential Architecture Design Course
As Summarized by Haiku
“House designs are healthy
Students building the future
Oops No Pun intended”
Your students will design the homes of tomorrow using sustainable materials, alternative energy and universal design techniques. Learners will experience this exciting STEM/STEAM industry as they grow their skills in 3D CAD, space layout, materials choice sustainable design practices.
By design we have made this course easy to deploy. Neither teachers nor learners need any previous
CAD, construction or design experience.This is a media rich and highly interactive hands-on course. Tutorial videos step students through sketching, 3D CAD, and structural layout. Learners will layout the home mechanicals (electrical, plumbing and HVAC) for efficiency. Expert videos coach students through the broader concepts of design, style, and sustainability. Along the way they will learn critical STEM skills, develop confidence, and build a college and career ready portfolio. Let this be an exciting introduction and great first step towards advanced education or their career.
Some of What Teachers Can Expect Their Learners to Achieve:
- Understand the basics of 3D CAD design, space use, measurements and dimensions
- Understand the Design Process
- Understand the basics of the structures and systems that are at the heart of residential architecture
- Demonstrate how to meet codes and correctly layout the necessary mechanicals of a sustainable building (Plumbing, HVAC and Electrical).
- Able to analyze, test and critically review work and use feedback to improve a home design
- How to present a green design and its benefits to a client
- Understand the legal issues including intellectual property
- Create a Portfolio of green home designs and a repertoire of green technologies and concepts that can easily be incorporated into future work
- Understand how to apply the problem solving process to create unique green home designs that meet specific client needs and location
- Learn and apply varied math concepts to support good design decisions
If you are interested in providing students with marketable skills and an education that prepares them to make a difference in the world, this is the course you have been searching for.
Ready to Learn More About This Exciting Web Design Course?
*Courseware and Tutorials fully functional, not all creative tools may work on this device.
Ask us for more information about your specific 1 to 1, BYOD or hardware setup.
Reach out to Us Today – We Already Miss YOU!
Whether you are a big institution or a small school we’ve got a course solution for you. We are talented in making your deployment of our STEM and Career courseware smooth, easy and frankly – fun.
Don’t be shy, we are very friendly unless you are trying to take the last jelly donut out of the box in the breakroom – then things can get a bit ugly. Send us a message – we are waiting on you.